Distinguished Master Class Series
Performing in and attending a master class is an extremely important experience for young students. Firstly, it is very helpful for groups to perform a new work in front of a smaller audience before the Final Concert. Secondly, a seasoned professor can provide immediate feedback of a performance during a master class, and provide insights into how the students are progressing with their coaching sessions and rehearsals.
Watching a master class is extremely important for students. Here are just a few important benefits students have from watching a master class:
- Understand the impact greater dynamics and energy has on the audience
- Gain a broader auditory perspective of music
- Learn about the differences in styles (Classical, Romantic, Contemporary, etc)
- Witness and understand how to better communicate between group members (balance, cue-ing, etc)
- Discover new repertoire to perform
- Be inspired by the passion and enthusiasm of the professional teacher & the advanced players
SEASON 2020–21 SCHEDULE
JCM–CV / JCM–LA / JCM–OC / JCM–IE
TBA – Dates will be the same for all branches.
Past Master Classes Teachers
The Talich Quartet
Chilingirian String Quartet 2004