Chamber Music Competition 2022 Guidelines
Junior Chamber Music will be presenting the 2nd annual Chamber Music Competition
on Sunday, March 13th, 2022. The competition will be held in person at Lyceum Village
(14281 Chambers Road, Tustin, CA 92780).
Further information regarding prizes and judges will be posted on this page as
soon as they are available.
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2022 (Monday) by 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Please read all Competition Rules below carefully before filling out the online form.
Elementary : Ages 12 & under (Time Limit: 10 min.)
Junior : Ages 15 & under (Time Limit: 12 min.)
Senior : Ages 20 & under (Time Limit: 15 min.)
1. The competition is open to all chamber groups currently enrolled in the 2021-2022 JCM Season.
2. Age category is determined by the average age of ensemble members as of March 13, 2022. For example, the average age of a trio consisting of members aged 15, 17, & 17 would be 16.3. (15+17+17=49, then 49÷3=16.3)
3. All groups must provide a copy of the score for the chosen piece to the judges at the time of the competition.
4. Each group will be required to play one entire movement of a piece, with no repeats (unless the jury requests to hear the repeats).
5. There will be a minimum of one First place winner, one Second place winner, and one Third place winner selected from each age category at judges’ discretion. 6. The judges’ decisions are final
7. All winners agree to allow their names, photographs and video files to be used in connection with the competition as publicity for Junior Chamber Music.
For additional information, email JCM's Los Angeles Director Zack Reaves at email@example.com.