Chamber Music Competition 2021 Guidelines
Junior Chamber Music is thrilled to be partnering with Third@First Concerts to host the inaugural JCM Chamber Music Competition during the 2021 season. Winning ensembles will be awarded cash prizes and are to be featured on the Third@First Concert series.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 competition will be held online via video submission.
Please read all Competition Rules below carefully before filling out the online form.
Video Submission Date: March 28th, 2021 by 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Elementary : Ages 12 & under (Time Limit: 10 min.)
Junior : Ages 15 & under (Time Limit: 12 min.)
Senior : Ages 20 & under (Time Limit: 15 min.)
$30 per ensemble member
- First prize: Trophies + $450
- Second prize: Trophies + $300
- Third prize: Trophies
Senior division prizewinners will also be featured on the Third@First Concert Series on Saturday, May 14th at 4:00 PM.
- First prize: Trophies + $300
- Second prize: Trophies + $150
- Third prize: Trophies
Junior division prizewinners will also be featured on the Third@First Concert Series on Saturday, May 14th at 4:00 PM.
Trophies will be presented to ensembles that meet a certain level of playing. Comments will be given to all participating groups.
1. Videos should be uploaded to YouTube and then submitted with the ensemble’s application.
2. Movement(s) should be performed in their entirety.
3. Each movement should be a complete take with no editing.
4. All ensemble members should be visible at all times.
5. The picture should remain stationary without any panning, closeups, or use of multiple cameras.
6. The ensemble should fill as much of the screen as possible.
1. The competition is open to all chamber groups participating in the 2020-2021 JCM Season.
2. Age category is determined by the age of the oldest member in the group as of March 28, 2021.
3. All groups must provide a copy of the score for the chosen piece to the judges at the time of the competition.
4. Each group will be required to play one entire movement of a piece, with no repeats (unless the jury requests to hear the repeats).
5. There will be a minimum of one First place winner, one Second place winner, and one Third place winner selected from each age category at judges’ discretion.
6. The judges’ decisions are final.
7. All winners agree to allow their names, photographs and video files to be used in connection with the competition as publicity for Junior Chamber Music.
For additional information, email JCM's Los Angeles Assistant Director Zack Reaves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on Third@First Concerts, please visit www.thirdatfirst.org.